How Swell! We’re hiring!
Swell Décor is looking for a talented Interior Design Associate to join our team!
Are you looking for just the right place to showcase, grow and hone your interior design talent? This is a rare opportunity to join an established local interior design studio and work directly with its owner and clients. Together, you’ll create impactful designs that deliver welcoming spaces reflecting a marriage between Swell’s design expertise and the treasures, experiences and personalities of the clients who call those spaces “home.”
As a successful member of the Swell team, you are:
- A self-motivated, action-oriented leader who also enjoys collaboration as part of a fun-loving team.
- A proactive contributor across every aspect and phase of a design project as you assist with the following: client meetings and presentations, floor plan creation, detailed design boards (including sourcing furniture, paint, finishings, and other products/accessories), installation and follow-up.
- A strong communicator who can elegantly navigate interactions with clients and vendors as well as other Swell team members.
- Organized and detail-oriented to drive and ensure progress across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Enthusiastic about improving your craft and pursuing various means of ensuring current industry knowledge and insights.
- Available to work in the studio and on location Monday through Thursday with the potential for periodic Friday morning hours (estimated 25-30 hours per week).
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Business development including identification of new furnishing sources and establishing new vendor/showroom accounts; this will require travel to attend various industry and market events from time to time.
- Various aspects of Studio management such as:
- maintaining sample library and product inventory
- maintaining client notebooks
- install pick-ups and drop-offs to clients, stores and others
- client appreciation procurement (e.g., holiday cards or gifts)
- Documenting projects for social media and other marketing opportunities
- 1-3 years experience in residential design (degree preferred but not required)
- Experience working directly with clients from project inception through install
- Design experience with new construction and/or renovations
- Proficiency in CAD, Sketchup and/or Revit
- Computer literacy and proficiency across other programs such as Microsoft Office, email programs, Illustrator or others
If this could be you, we’d love to hear from you! Please submit your resume, portfolio and a brief introductory note for consideration to: email@example.com
See more from Swell Décor at our website www.swelldesigndecor.com or on Instagram @swelldecor